Friday, June 8, 2012

Crazy Day

The past few days have been nuts around here. Yesterday Ed, Xylah, and I went to see my grandpa while he was in the hospital. He's doing much better now, thank god! After that we did some shopping at Giant Eagle for super double coupons and I scored some pretty good deals along with some free stuff. We can home and while I was cleaning up the kitchen, my daughter did the craziest thing...

I'm trying to teach her how the potty works so that we can start potty training. She has no real interest in it but sticking her foot in the bowl. Anyway, the puppy takes an "accidental" poop right in front of the front door and not more then a minute after I had cleaned it up, Xylah goes over to the exact spot he pooped, squats, and takes a dump. Really? This is going to be a lot harder then I thought!

Today started out rough, Xylah had puked all over herself and her crib in the middle of the night. I knew I heard something on the monitor so I checked her out and she was still breathing but I never saw the barf until this morning. First thing I had to do was bathe her and get all her sheets cleaned. Then later I catch her sitting in the dog's water dish again. I just gave her a bath!!! She is obsessed with that water dish and I don't know what to do to get her to stop playing in it. We've tried everything from timeouts to distractions. Nothing is working. So to top it off, she's teething the I teeth and she's had the poops all day and has been super moody. I feel like my head might explode if I hear one more cry. AHHH!!!

Now Ed's niece and nephew are here. I was hoping they would be a good distraction for X but she's so moody, all she wants is her mommy and her blankie. POOP! We somehow managed to distract her for a little bit by putting together her little kitchen. It wasn't didn't work for very long, though. Needless to say, I haven't gotten much done around the house the past couple of days and I probably won't get anything done until Monday. Ed's niece and nephew are staying all weekend and we're taking them to the cherry festival tomorrow in Whitehouse. It looks like a blast but it's supposed to be hot and muggy. Hopefully Xylah can stick it out for a couple hours. Maybe it will get her mind off of teething.

Sunday we are heading to Toledo to visit some friends after we drop the kiddos off at home. Then hopefully, we can get some down time. Anyone have tips on potty training? Any help would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment