Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's time for bed....

Here I am at one in the morning being a mom. I laid Xylah down around 11 and now she's up and about, AGAIN. The puppy slammed our American Mastiff (Karma) into Xylah's bedroom door and nipped Karma so bad that she yelped and woke the little princess up. I was hoping she would go back to sleep, but after 20 mins of her crying over the monitor, I figured I should go get her. More cuddle time for us, right? She's STILL awake and this mommy was ready for bed 2 hours ago. Guess I could tell you what happened in our lives today.

I was inside making dinner earlier and Ed had the charcoal grill going out in the driveway. Xylah was out playing by the swing set. Ed apparently decided to run inside and wash his hands real quick while Xylah was still outside. I'm walking to the backdoor when I see her reach for the grill. I screamed at her (yes, I screamed. I was freaking out) but it was too late. She had touched the lid of the grill just as I was yelling at her not to. OMG! I thought I was going to have a freaking panic attack! I ran her inside as fast as I could to run her tiny fingers under the cold water. When we were done with the water Ed took her out to the swing to get her mind off it. I went into the bathroom and cried like a little baby; I felt like such a horrible parent. I can't imagine something bad ever happening to her and I feel like if I don't protect her 24/7, anything could happen. I know I shouldn't hover and that I should expect accidents to happen but that just doesn't work for me. I feel awful if she stubs her toe! Thankfully she only has a tiny blister on one of her fingers but it's enough to make me feel like a complete jerk. I later asked Ed if he thought we were bad parents and he said no and that we can't protect her from everything. Accidents happen and sometimes she's going to have to learn the hard way. I still feel like a jerk. I should have been out there with her, distracting her.

Before this whole ordeal, Xylah and I were chasing each other around the house and next thing I know... she decides to pop a squat in the dog's water bowl. Are you kidding me, lol? Water went everywhere and we both ended up soaked. She thought it was hilarious until I picked her up and carried her into her room to get dressed. I wish she would stop playing in the dog's water. I don't mind when she throws dog food all over the house because they're always right behind her cleaning it up. Water is a whole different story though.

I really hope we make it out of these toddler years alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment